TRCC Canada’s Brampton, Ontario facility offers comprehensive Hot Melt Blending services, intrinsic to various hot melt applications. In addition to being strategically located in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), our blending services can be customized to meet your specific requirements.
Properties and Characteristics of TRCC Canada’s Hot Melt System:
- Composed of 304 stainless steel
- Capacity: 600 US gal (2271 Litres) (approximately 12 drums)
- Inside tank diameter: 42” (1.07m)
- Total Height: 134” (11’2”) or 3.40m (tapers down to outlet during the bottom 20” or 0.51m)
- Outlet Diameter: 4” (10 cm)
- Temperature: Up to 350°F using the existing oil system (max temperature can be raised if needed)
- Variable speed mixer: 0-150 rpm
- Reversible mixer: Amongst several benefits, the reversible mixer allows for entrained air bubbles to be liberated from the product, as well as providing a more thorough mix.
- Uses a heat transfer oil (Mobiltherm series oil)
- Includes baffles which disperse material more effectively during agitation, ultimately eliminating dead zones
- The hot melt tank is cleaned/flushed as dictated by the production schedule or requested by you, thus avoiding potential contamination
- Proven capacity to handle viscosities of 80,000-100,000 centipoise (cP)
- Hot melt product is discharged into metal drums (alternative containers/formats can be arranged)
- Blanketing: Inert dry nitrogen (-40 wet bulb) can be employed to avoid absorption of water vapour into the blended mixture and/or oxidation, thus helping to prevent undesirable side reactions
- Includes a solenoid discharge valve at the bottom of the tank. This ensures a safe working environment for TRCC Canada operations
- Ability to blend in powder components effectively and homogeneously with the assistance of an auxiliary mixer
Advantages of using our Hot Melt System:
- Reduced freight costs (located close by to GTA clients)
- Reduced occupancy of your large mixers by batches that require a much smaller capacity
- Just-in-time delivery of your products
- Optimization of your service levels without increasing your inventory
- Produce batch sizes that are better suited to the needs of your clients
- Trial batching to gain acceptance by your prospects and existing clients
- Optimize production capacity in your plant by out-sourcing difficult and/or long to make products to TRCC Canada
- Our plant is equipped with a multitude of assets which support the manufacturing, storage, and distribution of hot melt products
Whether it’s blending hot melt adhesives, sealants, or anything in-between, TRCC Canada’s Hot Melt System allows for the reduction of your operational costs, higher satisfaction of your customers, and greater revenues for you, which ultimately contribute to a healthier bottom line.
If this service is something you are interested in knowing more about, please do not hesitate to contact us at TRCC Canada as we are happy to provide you with an efficient and effective hot melt solution.
For detailed information on our hot melt blending services, please contact:
T 450 347-7555
C 514 808-3411
900 Gaudette Street
St. Jean, Quebec J3B 1L7
T 450 347-7555
C 514 808-3411
Carpet and Rug mills and other textile markets, Paving Compounds – Ultrapave, Toll blending – Water based systems, Transloading, repacking, steaming, toll blending - Non Polyurethanes, Barrier Coatings for flexible packaging.